StrongFirst Level 1 Kettlebell Instructor
Certified Kettlebell Functional Movement Screen (CK-FMS) Trainer
Ground Force Method Instructor
BCRPA Certified Fitness Leader and Personal Trainer
4th Technician Grade –Wing Tsun Kungfu
Trainer Level 1 Certified – Wing Tsun Kungfu
CPR / First Aid Certified
Fully Insured to BCRPA Requirements
As an avid Physical Culturist influenced by such original fitness pioneers as Charles Atlas, Arthur Saxon and Eugene Sandow, Steve believes in training the body as one functional unit.
For example, humans do not lift overhead from a seated position that often, so why train sitting down!?!
Life includes many movements from both stable and unstable positions, so we must train for REAL!
A dedicated martial artist since the age of eight, Steve has been training and teaching WingTsun Kung Fu for the past eighteen years, and includes elements of this extremely effective self-defence system’s teaching approach into his personal, small-group and class training programs.
Ten years ago he discovered the humble kettlebell, and his life has not been the same since! After getting the best training results he’d ever achieved, Steve started to train all his fitness clients in the Hardstyle Kettlebell System. In February 2009, he travelled to San Jose for Pavel Tsatsouline’s RKC Kettlebell Instructor Certification. The RKC at the time was by far the most well-respected and recognized kettlebell certification in North America. After a gruelling three days, Steve was a Certified Instructor!
Steve is now part of the StrongFirst™ kettlebell community which was started in late 2012 by Pavel Tsatsouline, who developed the RKC curriculum and led the RKC organization on the field. StrongFirst™ has preserved the best RKC standards and traditions and it continues to improve on them. Consider that in order to graduate from their bodyweight training instructor course, a student must be able to do a strict one-arm pushup—and that is the ladies’ standard!
In continuation of his professional training and in keeping with his philosophy of life-long learning, Steve has since attended intensive workshops on:
- Kettlebell Snatch for Heart Health and Performance (2009, 2010)
- Perfecting The Press (2010)
- Received private instruction from Master RKC Kenneth Jay
- Certified as a Kettlebell Functional Movement Specialist at the 4-day CK-FMS Functional Movement Screening and Kettlebell Corrections certification in St. Paul Minnesota (May 2010)
- Pavel’s Bullet Proof Abs & Naked Warrior Workshops (July 2010)
- Re-certified his RKC in March of 2011
- Attended Senior RKC Zar Horton’s Instructors Toolbox and Advanced Techniques Workshops (Sept 2011),
- Assisted at 3 Hardstyle Kettlebell Certifications (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Attended the Primal Move Fundamentals Instructor Certification (Nov 17, 2012)
– Officially certified January 2013
- Recertified SFG Level 1, Certified SFG Level 2 (Sept 2013)
- Assisted at 4 StrongFirst Kettlebell User Courses (2013, 2014)
- Attended Master SFG Jon Engum’s Advanced Kettlebell Techniques
& Flexible Steel Workshops (Feb 2014)
- Assisted & recertified at Seattle SFG Level 1 Certification (April 2015)
- Recertified as a Ground Force Method (formerly PM) Instructor (Sept 2015)
- Assisted & recertified at Seattle SFG Level 1 Certification (September 2017)
- Attended and Certified at Flexible Steel Indian Club Certification (Nov 2017)
Steve strongly believes in teaching his clients the “whys” so they eventually become knowledgeable and empowered enough to train themselves and do not have to rely on someone else to stay strong and healthy.
No matter whether you belong to a gym or prefer to train at home, Steve McMinn will awaken your love of fitness and have you expecting more from life than you ever thought possible!